YKB: Does everyone have time to get their professional certificate?

At the end of January, the Swedish Transport Agency released figures showing that just over 10% of Sweden's 110,000 affected truck drivers have a valid CPC, YKB. As of 10 September 2016, such proof is required to drive goods and passenger transport. And it is urgent if you have not completed the training: the Transport Agency has no possibility of providing exceptions.

The relevant authority, TS, is beginning to worry that not all professional drivers will be able to obtain their certificate before the new rules take effect. At the end of January 2016, 25,838 have completed continuing education, of which only 16,467 have paid and received their CPC.

Who's the deal?
The background is a common regulatory framework within the EU and the ESS countries. Everyone who is active in traffic needs to take a course and get a YKB. This applies to drivers of transport by vehicles requiring driving licences C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D and DE.
New professional drivers seeking higher qualifications need a medical certificate and completed basic training. If you have received your bus or truck driving licence before September 2009, you will now have to take a training course in order to keep your so-called "lorry driver's license". the right to be professional.

Who doesn't?
If you do not drive professionally or for a company but only have higher qualifications, you do not need to take any further training. In order to renew your driving licence with higher qualifications, you need to do a medical examination every 5 years after you turn 45.

Read more
On the Swedish Transport Agency's website, there are also lists of everyone who holds courses for YKB.

Jacob Rosenholm



Here we write about current issues, from road safety to medical news.